Monday, January 30, 2012

Will you be my Valentine?

It's almost that time!!  Almost time for another holiday :)  It's very hard for me to wrap my head around that 1/12 of this year is already over! February is a big month around the K's homestead.  Of course we have Valentine's Day on the 14th, but it is Mr. K and my 6 month anniversary!!  Mr. K isn't about celebrating the small things, so I will get excited with you all!!!  It's crazy how fast time goes by, but the first 6 months have been so exciting.  I will definitely be doing a post later on about what, if anything, goes down for our anniversary.

But back to the fun stuff!  So in order to get in the spirit of the holiday, I decorate.  I might not be the best at it, but I really enjoy putting things up in my home and decorating for the holidays.  So last night I had a spurt of energy after cleaning all day and decided to make a wreath for Valentine's Day!

Not a great picture, but it works!
I don't know what you would classify this wreath as, but it could be called a ribbon wreath or Deco-Mesh.  I used a little bit of both, along with left over white Christmas ornaments, and a few Valentine's ornaments.  It took all of 5 or 10 minutes and I was left with this lovely door decoration!  I leave it on the inside of the house because I don't want someone running off with it!!  Still not too trusting of our neighborhood!

If you guys would like a tutorial, leave me a comment!  I can put one together and post it soon if there is interest! 

I will be back soon with more holiday decorations and DIY projects!

Until then...

2 comments:

  1. I love the wreath! I've tried my hand at Deco-Mesh and it did not turn out pretty! ha! Maybe one day! You did an awesome job! Happy February!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not a huge fan of the deco mesh! I really just like working with thick wired ribbon...It seems to have more flexibility.

      Delete