Wednesday, September 21, 2011

It's been a while...

     Hello my lovelies!! How have you been? Life has been completely turned upside down for a while now...hence my absence...but I'm on this little organizational frenzy and writing in my blog is part of that! I feel so guilty that I started this blog to document my wedding planning process and the start of my new life, and I made it a whole 3 posts....that's pitiful! I need to step it up and work on my commitments!
     So here we go...I'm going to be filling you in on the wedding along with stories of everyday life and hopefully you stick around :)
     I've got a little song playing in my head via Kelly Clarkson...SINCE YOU'VE BEEN GONE....Let me start from the beginning. The first two weeks after being engaged, I was on the fast track. I started searching out dress shops and venues and dates, oh my!! I had yet to hear from the college I applied to on whether or not I'd gotten into nursing school, but by golly, I was going to plan around it just incase. So class started May 16, so planning a wedding in less than three months was out of the question. The other options were 2 weeks in August, a month in December, two weeks in May (all three being in between semesters) or waiting until after graduation....so guess which one we picked...!!!
     August it was, and we had to get things rolling because I figured I wouldn't have much time to plan during school....man was that an understatement. We wanted to make sure we had time to go on a honeymoon and that I wasn't overwhelmed with finals, so Mr. K and I chose August 13, 2011. Did you add that one up??? February 21, 2011 to August, 13, 2011....that's 5 months and 23 days to plan a wedding...BAH HAHA!!!
     So it was on like donkey kong...Mr. J and I started looking at venues and I went out looking for dresses. Both were found in the beginning of March...something else equally as important happened in that time frame..... I actually got into nursing school!! So all my planning was worth it. Thank goodness.
     So, I'm sitting in class now, and I should be paying attention...so I am off for now, but I will leave you with this....


     We had a quick engagement shoot that turned out pretty awesome!!  I'll share the rest soon!  Love you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment