Sunday, September 25, 2011

A dress to make the princess...

     So let me tell you this...I'm not the kind of girl that gets all caught up in the dress.  I really wasn't too worried about it...I was actually more concerned with making the "whole picture" beautiful and by whole picture, I mean I love the decorations!  So when my dad said I needed to get on finding a dress, I was a little la-zay-BLAH about it....the only thing I was happy about was the fact that my mom was in town.
     We headed out to David's Bridal to get an idea of dress shapes I might like.  I had it stuck in my mind that I would have some type of empire waste, fluffy gown that made me look oh-so-princess like.  I was obsessed with pockets and in love with Amsale.  The dress from 27 Dresses was going to be mine!!!

    
     The escapade was lackluster to say the least.  You know how you expect to have this moment...this little emotional moment when you find THE dress???  Well I didn't have it.  I was more frustrated than anything.  I didn't see anything I liked, I looked like a cow in the Amsale knock-off, and my mom didn't even shed a tear.  The day was a bust.
     The days went by, my mom headed back home, and I was left on my own to hit the battlefield.  I put on my big girl panties and off I went.  I decided I would hit up one more store and I would find a dress there or I was getting married in my birthday suit!
     After consulting with my favorite computer software, ahem... google, I found a little shop downtown called Minerva's.  That was it.  That was my store, my new best friend.  So I hopped in the car with my mapquest directions and was on my way.
      The store was in the middle of nowhere...What had I gotten myself into and where in the heck was I?!?  I didn't want to have made the trip for nothing, so I parked, took a deep breath and headed for the door. 
     It was a sea of white and tulle...holy moly!  And guess what...I DOVE RIGHT IN!!  I was up to my elbows in bling and sequins, but there she was...my trusty steed!!  I had found the one!  Of course I tried on everything I touched, but I saved the best for last.  And this folks is my wedding dress...

    
     This isn't the best picture and the front makes the whole dress....but I want to wait to show you the rest of the dress when I'm in it!!  It is so true when everyone says you end up with the dress that you least expected.  I would have never thought I would be walking down the isle in an little mermaid number.  But it looked oh so good and I just knew that Mr. K would love it!!  Woop woop!!
     This is my little Maggie Sottero...Guys this is Destiny.  Say hi, Destiny!!  Don't you think she might need some cowboy boots to go with??!!! 

1 comment:

  1. So pretty!!! Can't wait to hear more - and see your photos!

    ReplyDelete