Wednesday, April 27, 2011

And so the planning begins!!

     So of coarse as soon and Mr. K proposed I was able to pull out all my hidden wedding books and magazines and get crackin'!  I've had ideas in my head of everything I've wanted to do for a long time, but now I had to let Mr. K know and get him on board.  I was lucky enough to have my mom flying in the day after the proposal to help me get started.  Did any of you secretly have books stashed away?  Or am I just that crazy girl??

     I think my favorite magazines were the the ones that were specifically made for the Orlando area.  Being as I am not from here, it made it very handy to start the planning process.  I think my favorite magazine had to be

I just loved this magazine!!  I just wish it had come out with more editions.  

     My mom came in and we hit the ground running.  The first stop was Home Depot to try and figure out colors....we weren't very successful.  I found a few things, but nothing that I loved.  So we were on to Joann Fabrics, where we hit the wedding color jackpot!!  I was so thankful to have my mom there with me because we instantly found what I'd been looking for, a perfect floral print that embodied the style and color theme I'd been looking for....it was meant to be!!  To the floral print, we added 4 accent colors, one of them being a medium brown burlap!!  Can any one guess where I'm going with this theme?  I'll tell you all more about the colors later on...I might even show you a swatch of my inspiration fabric!!!  I can't wait to tell you exactly what it is.

     After Joann Fabric's, my home away from home, we went to Homegood's just to see if we could find some odds and ends for decorations.  God had all of this planned out already, because we walked in and there they were, my centerpieces!!  We purchased everything we needed and I felt like we'd put a huge dent in the decorating portion of planning.

     Other than decorations, my dad thought it to be very important to get my dress squared away, as well as our venue so we could have a date set.  If you didn't know, I am a planner.  I come from a family of planners.  I am definitely my father's daughter when it comes to this.  So to have my dad planning right along with me from a few states away is very special!!

     So this is just a start to the planning extravaganza!!  There's lots more to tell to get you up to date.  But stick with me and we'll get there!!  Have a great day!!

God Bless!!

3 comments:

  1. Well I just put this date in my calendar. I am inviting myself!

    Love and miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see the fabric and color choices! Oh, and of course the centerpieces! I know you are having so much FUN! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So thrilled for you Meg!!! Such an exciting time!! Boy oh boy, we've definitely come a loooong way since the K4 days :) Feel free to ask me any wedding questions- Me being the control freak that I am, I became an expert in that area by the end!! Love love love the blog too! Keep us posted! xoxo

    ReplyDelete